Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Sleeping in our own bed

For the first time since Nikolas was born. We are all sleeping in our own beds. When he first came home, Matt and I put him in our room in his cradle. Slowly he moved from the cradle to our bed. Which was my fault. Because knowing that I won't be able to have anymore babies, I wanted to savor every minute of him being a baby. Oh, and he loves to cuddle when he's sleeping. There were many nights that Matt and I woke up to find another little boy had joined us. So that meant the four of us in a Queen size bed. The nights that Matt has to work, the boys sleep with me anyway. I can't stand the thought of them being on the other side of the house away from me when he's not here. Last week I decided that it was time for Nikolas to learn to sleep in his bed away from Mommy. That first night I think I must have gotten up about a dozen times to check on him and he never moved a muscle. He has been sleeping through the night for a while but I thought it was because he was in the bed with me, But he's doing pretty good in his own bed.

1 comment:

The James Family said...

I know how you feel! Lily Grace gets into our bed every night and I actually LOVE it!! I love that time with her and I love to snuggle in the mornings. I don't know if I will ever want her to leave our bed!