Wednesday, August 13, 2008

KINDERGARTEN

Nate started his first day of kindergarten last Friday. Matt and I took him to his class room and he went right to his seat, cleaned out his backpack and looked at us and wanted to know when we were leaving. So we kissed him goodbye and left him. He didn't even cry. Neither did I, but it wasn't because I didn't want to. I really missed him. I couldn't wait until 2:55 to get here. He ran right to me. He was just as happy to see me as I was him. He said that he had a great day and he had a smiley face hanging around his neck so I assumed that meant he was good. However on Monday afternoon when I went to pick him up he had a note in his backpack that he had to go to the office for disobeying the teacher and a Sad Face . Therefore I had a conference with Dr. Willingham the principal on Tuesday morning. Come to find out, this happened on Friday. I might be wrong but if he was in trouble on Friday, why did he get a smiley face and why when I took him to school on Monday and talked to his teacher did she not mention it. She said that they had a great first day of school. So Mrs. Norris called me around 12:30 to let me know that Nate was doing great. Today however when I went to pick him up, he kind of looked like he had been crying. Apparently he and a couple more little boys were horse playing in the gym so therefore Nate got a paddling. Keep in mind Nate being the only one to be punished because the other little boys had not been in as much trouble as Nate. I found this out because one of the little boys went home and asked his mom why did Nate get a paddling and he didn't. I might be wrong again but it really sounds to me like they are trying to set an example with my child. 1. He is 5 years old. 2. Little boys are going to play. and 3. Don't just punish my child for what others are doing also. He keeps telling me that his teacher is mean to him. So, what do I do? I am going to give it until Monday, If things don't get better my only alternative is to have him put in a different classroom... When I found out whose class he was in, a lot of people told me to have him transferred to a different class but I thought I would just see. Well, maybe I should have listened. If any of you have any advice I am open to hearing it.

I can see right now that Oakman is a lot different from Berry.

1 comment:

Raegan & Caleb said...

Wow, what a tough situation. I have no advice since I haven't been there. But in the end, you are his Mom and know what is best for him.