Friday, July 3, 2009

All about Nate

Nate had a special visitor today. Since Nate started school I could not tell you how many times I had to go and pick him up because he had a migraine. Mrs. Norris, his teacher has a son (12 years old) who has them so she knew when he was really sick. Every week she would ask have you found out anything about his headaches? And each week I would say No. Well, Wednesday morning I called her to let her know that we finally had answers. She was so excited and told me to tell Nate that she would be praying for him and she loved him. Well, yesterday morning she called and said, "I'm at Wal-Mart. I thought I would pick Nate up a few things that he could do inside the house since he can't spend a lot of time outside. Do you mind if I come by to see him?" I thought that was a great idea because he has been asking when he could go and see her. She came and he was so happy. She brought a gift back packed full of goodies. Coloring books, crayons, dinosaurs, cowboys and Indians, books and puzzles. She even had a surprise for Nikolas.
She sat and talked with Nate for a few minutes and told him that she had put him on the prayer list at church. He said I really appreciate that because I have been worrying and worrying and worrying. I still don't think he quite understand any of this. But he does enjoy the attention and the inside toys he's been getting.
Mrs. Norris turned out to be a wonderful teacher and we love her so much. I just pray that his first grade teacher will be as understanding with the things that Nate is dealing with.

No comments: