Thursday, July 23, 2009

"Not So Great"

Nate started out doing great on his medicine until....... they changed it to 2 a day. The first day, he laid in bed all day. We couldn't get him up. He said that he just felt like it was a lazy day and he didn't feel like getting up. The second day, he tried to do the same thing but Matt and I decided to get him out of the house and take him to the IMAX to see Transformers 2. That was great until that night. I guess it was too much excitement and he had 2 seizures during the night. So, he slept all day the next day. This week has been terrible. He is sooooo scared of EVERYTHING and I do mean EVERYTHING. He will not even go to the bathroom by himself. So, that means Mommy can't go by herself either. I find myself getting aggravated at him a lot, but I just have to keep telling myself "He can't help it" I just really wish he could be his old self. Before he was so mischievous. Now, he's a couch potato. It amazes me that one day everything is fine and the next, your whole world and way of living is turned up side down. The fits that the doctor warned us about has started. He has moment where he gets sooooo upset about the smallest of things. One minute he's fine and the next he has these rages of anger. And I think he has started to realize it too. Tonight he got upset and started to scream and stomp around and he looked at me and said, "Mommy just hold me down". What do I do? It is so hard. I am SCARED TO DEATH to send him to school in 3 weeks. He starts to school on the 11th and then the 13th he goes to Children's Hospital for more tests. Keep your fingers crossed that when we go to Children's we will get answers.


NIKOLAS: is doing great. I haven't even mentioned him in a while. (I know, I'm a bad Mom) He is 19 months old and the last few day he has used to potty more times than his diaper. He will run through the house yelling "Potty Mommy" It is so cute and sad at the same time. He is sooo smart. My goal is to have him completely out of diapers by his 2nd birthday. And right now his big thing is Nate's Nintendo DS. He really thinks he's playing the games and he cries for it when Nate has it. And he cries to go and see my Mom and Dad every morning. I forgot my camera at my Moms but as soon as I get it back I will post recent pictures of him and Nate.

2 comments:

Cayle said...

I am sorry to hear all of this but i will be praying.

Like nate my brother has seizures too. Not only that he has ADHD, Bipolar, schizophrenia, and more. When he first started getting seizures he was terribly scared. Would not want to go anywhere or do anything. but with prayer, hard work, and medicine. He is doing so much better. He does have seizures to off and on but he has learn to cope with it.



I Pray nate will be okay when school starts. I pray that hopefully his fear will go away and god will give him strength. Not only him but your whole family. x3
take care

Michelle said...

Clicked over here from Kelly's Prayer Blog. The word "seizures" caught my heart. I just wanted to let you know, you're not alone. My son has had seizures for 9 years. It's a daily struggle for us. I'll keep you in my prayers!