Wednesday, January 30, 2008

"Another Sick Little Boy"



It seems that someone is always sick around our house these days. Nikolas is finally well and now I guess Nate has a VIRUS. I have been up with him most of the night. He fell asleep fairly early last night, earlier than usual and I didn't think anything about it until he woke up at 10 o'clock with a fever of 102. So I gave him some Tylenol and put him back to bed. And I knew he wasn't feeling well because he didn't give us any trouble about going to bed. I had to get up with Nikolas at 1 for a feeding so I went and checked on Nate again and his fever was back, this time it was 103. So I gave him more Tylenol and stayed in there with him. At 4:30 this morning he woke up screaming with a head-ache and I checked his temperature then and it was back up to 103.7. I gave him more Tylenol and Matt got up to go to a class at 5 o'clock and he checked on him and his temperature was still going higher. Just as Matt was about to leave Nate started vomiting. So he stayed and he cleaned Nate up while I cleaned everything else up. "Thanks Daddy" His fever finally broke about 7 and it is still down and he's feeling much better. We have a doctors appointment this afternoon just to make sure it is a virus.


It kinda worries me about Nate having a headache, because Matt has Migraines. He started having them when he was 5 years old, and Nate is almost 5. I pray that Nate doesn't have to go through what his Daddy did, but the doctor said that its quite possible that one or both of our boys could have inherited it. Matt takes Topomax now for a preventative and it seems to help but when he has one, he takes a Immitrex pill and if that doesn't work he takes an injection. He quit smoking 11 weeks ago, and I think that has helped with the headaches. We are so proud of him.

2 comments:

The James Family said...

I am so sorry you have a sick litle boy in the house. I hope he gets to feeling better soon and I will be praying for y'all!

Anonymous said...

I hope both of your boys are feeling better!!