Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year.....

I can't believe 2008 is already here. Here are just a few highlights from the past year:

2007:

In January, we took Nate to Atlanta to the Superbowl of Motor sports. Monster Jam. We got there at 3 p.m. for the Pit party. It was pretty awesome to see Nate's face when he realized Maximum Destruction and Grave Digger were both there. Those are his favorites. He watches Monster Jam on the Speed Channel everyday. We had a great time. January was also a very sad month for our family. After many months of fighting, my uncle Bobby lost his battle with cancer on January 22. We miss him very much.










Nate and his Daddy






Matt celebrated his 26th birthday in February



In March, I found out that I was pregnant. I had thought I was for a few days. I just felt tired and achy. So I decided I would get a home test. And of course it was POSITIVE. I was so excited. Matt was in shock and Nate was excited, but only if it meant he was having a brother.

In May we had the Relay for Life, Nate turned 4, and I celebrated my 30th birthday.

In June we found out that Nate had been right all along. ITS A BOY!!!

I was pretty miserable the months of July and August...


September was finally vacation time. We always go to the beach in September. I was pretty miserable then. It was BIKE week while we were there. We came home on October 1st and on October 6th, Matt bought an Ironhorse Slammer. Those of you who have no idea what this is, its a motorcycle that cost more than my '06 Trailblazer did new. We celebrated our anniversary on the 26th so needless to say that was his Anniversary gift.












Nate at the Beach






November was the busiest month so far, On November 9th, at 1:34 p.m. Nikolas McCade Sprouse made his grand entrance into the BIG BUSY WORLD. He weighed 7lbs. 11oz. and was 20 in. long. Nate is an awesome BIG brother. He is so helpful. Then we had Thanksgiving, Nikolas was only a couple of weeks old so we stayed home. The day after, Matt got up early and went shopping for me and got the things I needed for gifts plus a few more things he saw that he had to have for the boys. This helped me a lot. That afternoon Matt's Mom decided she wanted to spend the afternoon with the boys, so they stayed with Granny and Papaw while we braved the crowd and went to Birmingham. We got almost all of our shopping done that day. Thanks Granny






December was busy as well. Christmas is always a busy time of the year. But this year, I didn't get to go shopping like I usually do. Having a newborn and recovering from a C-section. On the 22nd, Brandon, Amy, Triston and Austin came in from Virginia, and we had Christmas with Matt's Mamaw and the 23rd with my Mamaw. The 24th was my Dad's birthday so we always celebrate Christmas with them that day. Christmas morning Santa came and that afternoon we celebrated with Matt's family.






"My Dad's Birthday"





Nate decided he wanted to have papaw a birthday party. So I took him to Walmart and let him pick out the cake and of course he wanted to buy hats, plates and napkins. So my Dad had a transformer birthday party.





My Dad, Bresson, Jaci and Nate in their Bumble Bee Hats



.........I will post more pics later





I hope everyone has a Happy and safe New Year!!

No comments: